- Eating Brazil Nuts Protects the Rainforest.
- Brazil nuts only thrive in a pristine Amazon rainforest.
- They grow best in an untouched primary forest, else yields can fall by 70% in a secondary forest environment.
- Surrounding trees and vegetation are not disturbed or removed by farmers as this affects the quantity and quality of the Brazil nut crop.
- Keeping the rainforest healthy maintains the bee population who pollinate the flowers. Orchid bees are attracted to the Brazil nut tree as they are strong enough to open the flower and drink its nectar.
- Attempts to cultivate brazil nuts outside the rainforest have failed. Meaning all Brazils are grown in their natural environment.
- Buying Brazil nuts employs locals and places a value on preserving the rainforest.
- If forest communities can make a living keeping the forest healthy there is less of an incentive for destructive processes like mining, logging and hunting
- Just two animals are known to be able to crack the tough outer shells.
- Us and the agouti, a native Amazonian small mammal that looks a bit like a guinea pig.
- Brazil nuts are actually classified botanically as a seed as they grow in a large pod.
- They are closer in relation to blueberries than walnuts.
- Brazil nuts are very high in selenium and experts advise to only eat a couple a day, to avoid selenium toxicity.
- Selenium is healthy but you need just the right amount. Any issues with over-consumption will fade after you stop eating Brazil nuts.
👉 MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!! We’re proud of every I’M A NUT product. If you don’t love something, we’re happy to refund you
👉 SAVE THE AMAZON FOREST!! Eating Brazil Nuts Protects the Amazon Rainforest – Literally (see Description)
👉 RESEALABLE BAG!! Enjoy long lasting freshness in a resealable bag, which is designed to keep them as fresh as ever!
👉 ALWAYS FRESH: We restock very frequently so you can always have it as fresh as Brazil Nuts can get!
👉 100% CERTIFIED KOSHER!! Feel great knowing that our product is under the supervision of the Star K.